Just Keep Shoveling

We had an absolute blizzard, by Omaha standards, today. Our daughter had to leave for work by 7:30am, so my wife and I bundled up and were out in the driveway carving a path for her to get out. There was probably 4″ on the ground and within an hour of our shoveling escapade it looked as if we’d not done a thing. Hours later, our neighbor was out shoveling (we actually share a driveway). Same thing, within an hour it was like he’d never been there. Eventually that snow stopped, the shoveling was completed, and we could get back to our regularly scheduled lives.

Sometimes, our work as leaders can feel like we are shoveling snow in a continual deluge of the white stuff. Every time you think you’ve solved a problem another one comes up immediately in its wake. But keep digging my friends…eventually the onslaught of issues will cease and you can get on with your regularly scheduled leadership.

Sometimes, we just have one of those days…

Have a #RoadToAwesome week

Darrin

Road to Awesome: The Journey of a Leader is now available. Click here to purchase the autographed copy.

Need some help? Got a question? Reach out, let’s talk.

Learn more and sign up for our weekly newsletter at roadtoawesome.net

Make sure you subscribe (button on the left) so you don’t miss any future posts.

Looking for that awesome speaker with an incredible message to build your staff culture? Look no further – connect with me here

Tune into our podcast “Leaning into Leadership” where this week’s guest is elementary principal Brian T. Miller.

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment