Counting Down the Top 10 Podcasts of 2023

Welcome to the ‘Leaning into Leadership’ podcast, where we explore the dynamic world of leadership through insightful conversations with industry trailblazers, thought leaders, and seasoned executives. As we reflect on the incredible journey of our podcast, I am thrilled to present the ‘Top 10 Episodes’ blog post, showcasing the most impactful and inspiring discussions that have resonated with our audience. Join me on this retrospective journey as I delve into the key takeaways, game-changing insights, and transformative leadership lessons from our standout episodes. Whether you’re a seasoned leader, aspiring manager, or simply curious about the evolving landscape of leadership, these episodes are sure to provide valuable perspectives and empower you on your own leadership journey. Let’s dive in and explore the wisdom shared by our extraordinary guests on the ‘Leaning into Leadership’ podcast.

#10 – Episode 92: Empowering New Leaders: Answers to Your Burning Questions Featuring Darrin Peppard and Joshua Stamper – my friend Joshua Stamper joined me for this collaboration episode, one we each shared on our respective podcast platforms. Josh and I took our best shot at some of your burning questions prior to the start of the 2023-24 school year.

#9 – Episode 104: The Art of ISS with Johnathan CranfordJohnathan Cranford has created the roadmap to success in ISS via his book The Art of In-school Suspension. Johnathan sat down with Darrin and shared his insights and knowledge for creating a positive and productive in-school suspension room, along with ideas teachers and school leaders can use to make this tier two intervention worth while.

#8 – Episode 59: 3 Tips for Aspiring LeadersI was flying solo for this short, mid-week edition of the podcast. In this episode, I shared three quick-hitting tips for aspiring leaders beginning the job search for the first time or looking to jump to the next level. Plus I added a plug for Robert Breyer’s book, Taking the Leap

#7 – Episode 60: The Magical Truth with Brian T. MillerBrian T. Miller stopped by the show to share his perspectives on meaningful evaluations, communication, and the radical truth about listening. Brian left some amazing school culture bread crumbs throughout the episode as well.

#6 – Episode 74: The New School Leader with Dr. Lute Croy Dr. Lute Croy joined the show to talk about the ins and outs of being an assistant principal, lessons learned from the work, and his New School Leader program assisting aspiring and rising leaders to find that perfect leadership opportunity.

#5 – Episode 81: Give a Damn with Chad BrownChad Brown and Darrin chat it up on the show about Chad’s leadership mistakes, how to integrate work and life together, the art of negotiation, and simply giving a damn about something.

#4 – Episode 62: Four Pillars of Leadership with Aaron Keith HawkinsAaron Keith Hawkins is our guest the show and shares the four pillars of leadership (relationships, clarity, mindset, and self-care) along with a powerful story of his ‘wake-up’ moment that has driven his passion for leadership.

#3 – Episode 107: Q & A with Teacher Candidates from Ft. Hays State UniversityOn this special, mid-week episode of the podcast, I am recapping my adventures at Ft. Hays State University’s Future Educators Day. Join me as I answer 4 questions from current undergrad teacher education students. A great chance to hear what they are wanting to know.

#2 – Episode 65: Ending the Martyr Mentality with Elizabeth DampfElizabeth Dampf sat down with me to discuss some of her recent ASCD work, the importance of personalizing professional development, quiet quitting, imposter syndrome, and most importantly how we can end the martyr mentality in education.

#1 – Episode 68: When Calling Parents isn’t Your Calling with Crystal FrommertIf you ask an educator, “What’s your favorite part of your job?” It is highly unlikely they will say, “Communicating with parents.” But the reality is, educators have to do it. Crystal Frommert literally wrote the book on this topic and stopped by the show to share her expertise and tips for parent communication.

Have a #RoadToAwesome week

Darrin

Tune in this Sunday to “Leaning into Leadership” where I have a very special episode. I am flying solo and sharing 5 ways leaders must show up in the new year.

Check out the work of my friend Charles Williams – From Stage Fright to Spotlight: Enhancing Public Speaking Through Storytelling webinar. Want to be a speaker? Then this is something you need to look into.

Need some help? Got a question? Reach out, let’s talk.

Learn more and sign up for our weekly newsletter, loaded with awesome content at roadtoawesome.net

Make sure you subscribe (button on the left) so you don’t miss any future posts.

Looking for that awesome speaker with an incredible message to build your staff culture? Look no further – connect with me here

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment